Sunday, March 25, 2012

Feature Mexican Artist: Sabrina Villarreal

Walking around the Silent Dessert Auction tables you would have noticed various pieces of framed art. It was created by a friend, who came to Canada from Mexico. Some time ago she posted a painting on Facebook, and I was very impressed. When Ocean told her about the event and her desire to involve Mexican Artist, Sabrina responded graciously. Here she describes herself in her own words.
My name is Sabrina Villarreal, I have a Nursing and obstetrics degree with 5 years of experience. I'm still working on my nursing registration ( English exam) as I came from Mexico almost 4 years ago and I did not speak English at all . I have 2 years of experience in Edmonton working with adult with disabilities and that has helping me with my English and also to reaffirm my love for nursing and for helping people.

I sign my pictures as "Lara", my second last name that come from my  mom and grandma, two exceptional Mexican women that I admire and love very much. 

As I told Ocean I will donate 4 pictures;"fruits" (pastel colors), "Sometimes love" (pastel colors),"Falling" (acrylic) and "Small joys" (watercolor); the others are only for show. I'm bringing 9 in total. 

If you took home a piece of art, please leave a comment for Sabrina!


No comments:

Post a Comment