Sunday, March 18, 2012

SUCCESS!

SUCCESS, a roaring crowd of a hundred and fifty joined us n Friday night to participate in changing a whole family's lives in Mexico. After numerous trials and rewards we can say we finished with a bang but our story's do not end here. Friday morning anticipation seeped through my veins about the result of our conquest; the event. It hadn't quite hit me full on the fact that FRIDAY WAS THE DAY, and not just any day but THE DAY that will not only help change a family's lives but ours as well. I cannot tell you that it has sunk in because it hasn’t, it seems like a haze of smiles hugs and support. Getting dressed I honestly focused souly in not inf actuating myself with the details of the event. By lunch that focus had dissipated to pure fear, I worried about the tremendous things going wrong, but Janelle's excitement reminded me of the overall possibility of a huge success and with that I reaffirmed my courage and left the second half of school ready to embrace anything that came my way. We arrived at the church and met my mother and grandma in the gorgeous kitchen of the church, the ran home to get some things needed for the event and we put ourselves to work, busily putting grapes, apples, kiwis, lemons, and limes in a colorful blend together. We wrapped them in clear wrapping paper and tied them up with bright colored ribbon. These table centers were created to use in the end as thank yous for our volunteers. With Christopher help we strategically put the tables, chairs and stage up. Then two of my awesome friends helped my carefully display all the wonderful artwork (31 pieces) we got from Jorge Padilla, a Mexican artist who came to Canada as a laborer, but had his very own vet clinic back home. We also received more marvelous pieces from Sabrina, another Mexican artist who is working to be a nurse in Canada. The art just added the right touch to the overall mood of the room. All our helpers busied themselves with other preparations to make the evening slip through with few troubles, we had a marvelous kitchen organizer (Kathy) who delegated and made food with the help of more of my friends. At one point in the time during prep I walked into the main hall and looked around to see all my friends gathered and ready to help with any thing our hearts desired. I love friends they are just so great! Somehow I thought in my head when the people started to come the jobs would be over. Let me tell you… I was wrong! At around four thirty people started to trickle in. we had fabulous donations lined across tables throughout the room, lots from very wonderful friends/ substantial supporters and others from bakery's from across the city. We also had some gift certificates for a vet clinic etc. along a wall by the art we had beautiful vegetable trays decorated with almost every vegetable possible, generously donated by a lovely gal Deborah, owner of a newer restaurant (formally the garage) the junction. Plus beside that we had free absolutely divine jalapeno poppers from m&m meat shop. Flor Zamora a gorgeous lady with a heart of gold from Mexico had a table dedicated to stunning limited addition jewelry hand crafted by herself, (Balaam) that the money given would be sent back home to support family. People waltzed around tables, attacking their competition on the bid sheets and creating rivalry's on others. The atmosphere was so joyful and elated, and all I could think was all that time work and effort has already paid of before we even received any money for our cause. Nearing to the end of the evening people sat contently eating taco salads while others continued an escapade to win their wanted dessert. Anticipation filled the air as Janelle and I cleared our voices ready to begin our motivational power-point presentation. Love filled my heart empowering a voice that conveyed the message I wanted it to even though it was not said flawlessly. We had a wonderful series of videos meant to give people empowerment to know they can make a difference now. We had a wonderful time on stage and we passed it along to Flor who provided a absolutely wonderful Mexican dance. Flor was a pro. Dancer back home with her own dance studio, so that made everything seem genuinely Mexican. People applauded and cheered. The evening was coming to an end and a mix of sadness but joy filled my soul. I would like to thank all you out their who have helped in any way shape or form, your love and support as uplifted us to change the world with SUCCESS.

By the way, if you are so curious as I suppose many are anticipating, we made a grand total of 2500$ plus 250 more dollars from individual donations. Thanks so much for all your support and love, you truly have helped our endeavor to change the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment