Saturday, February 25, 2012

$300 of donations in one day!

Hey Guys,

Wow this is crazy. I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off, stressing and worrying. But I bring glad tidings of good news! Today was miraculous.

I went in for a hair appointment, at Capelli Ferrari. With prior communication the owner of the Salon, Rudy, assembled a gorgeous basket with: a salon quality straighting iron, Sexy Hair Salon Products, and a certificate for a complementary men's hair cut. The value of the items in this basket total a whooping $200.
God Bless your soul, Rudy!
Starting our day off right we continued on our endeavors to the City Hall Farmer's Market.
Inside we were greeted with exceptional smells of brilliant baked goods. I came across the Fugalicious stand. I began, "I have an unorthodox question to ask." I explained my cause, and inquired about a donation. Natalie, an angel, quickly replied affirmative.

I watched as she carefully picked and chose her offering, treating each piece of fudge with great care. I stood mystified watching one package of fudge disappear into a brown bag: six
times! Each piece of fudge is worth $5! She donated $30 worth of fudge!
Natalie, I hope your business all the best, and I can not thank you enough for your immediate response. You are helping to make our dreams come true.

Wandering along each decorated stand we came across a Aunt Muriel's Premium Peanut Brittle stand. Again I extended a request. Along with a warm smile, Auntie Muriel said "Sure!" We made arrangements to pick up the brittle next week, for the event.

On our way home, we passed Big City Cupcakes. Previously Janelle and I approached this establishment about a donation. I was left with a positive impression, and returned today to confirm my feelings. The man I spoke to previously immediately acknowledged the fact that her remembered me. Surprised I inquired about the donation. He replied saying that he had ordered gift certificates from Vancouver and they were anticipated in a week.
My mom suggested that we have someone pick up a donation on the day of the event. He was eased by this idea. We left with a smile on his face mirroring the one on our own.
Thank you all for your contributions!
Have a wonderful evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment