Thursday, February 16, 2012

It will be a great event!

Preparing for this event has become a part time job: planning and preparing, following up, calling people, organizing donations. So it did not surprise me when we were leaving the house to get groceries, and my mom suggested I bring a donation letter. I was already planning on bringing some posters, so I took my whole folder: letters, posters and all.



In approaching the Terwilligar Sobeys my mom headed for the produce section while I headed to customer service. I explained myself to the cashier and waited for the manager. Eric was bright and welcoming. I entertained him with the idea of my event and he replied with exuberance. He stated that this was new, and would be a good activity for his staff to participate in. Right away he initialed the donation letter. He told me that if I called one week before the event, he would have a dessert ready for me!

I hopped giddily in anticipation. I proceeded to ask him if he had a community board where I could advertise the event. With gusto he replied, "Yes". He led me to the board, turned to rip down several dated posters, so mine was front and center. Absolutely beaming with light, I thanked him numerous times and proceeded to finish with grocery shopping.

To my delight, when we were done shopping we turned to walk out of the door spying a lady eyeing our poster! My mom commented, "It will be a great event!" The lady turned and I explained our cause. Many of the people in the surrounding area turned an ear to listen. I am sure we captured the attention of many people who just might have sneaked a look after hearing about what we are doing.

If you are reading this, having heard tha conversation. I echo my mother, "It will be a great event!"

No comments:

Post a Comment