Thursday, January 26, 2012

Completely off guard...I stood there...

Hola Amigos,

Things are going great! There has been a lot of stress and tribulation but I have born through it and have to remind myself of the goal constantly. Recently my mom and I went to Whyte ave to hit some dessert places and restaurants. My mom had recommended one place, and I had recommended another. First we decided to go to High Level Diner.

Highlevel Diner
10912 – 88 Avenue
780-433-0993 or 780-433-1317.
When I entered the doors, the atmosphere was a cozy cavern of love. I caught the manager just tin time, before she left. I gave my proposal. She politely listened. Then when I was done, she agreed with enthusiasm to give us a gift certificate for $30! She went into the back, and as I bubbled in excitement, one of the waiters who had overheard gave me a quick gleeming smile and a thumbs up!

The Sugar Bowl
10922 - 88 Ave
780-433-8369

Our trip took us to Sugar Bowl. When I entered this place of establishment the mood was caotically vibrant. It was filled with life and energy. Funny thing, I actually did not know what to do when I got in the restaurant. I had never been in a restaurant where the bar is the first thing that I saw. So I walked to one of the waiters, who promptly asked a few questions and promptly returned with the manager.

Midway into my introduction, the manager walked away.

Absolutely startled, compelled and unaware of what to I just stood there.

She returned with a $30 gift certificate and said, "You need an envelope!"

Completely off guard and barely understanding what had just happened, I stood there, again. The second time she returned with an envelope, I managed to stutter, Thanks so very much. Some how, I don't know how, I walked out of there without falling on my face.

One endevour two donations. Lots of love, and definately a lot more hope.

(For prosperity sake let the record show it takes numerous amounts of times, perservering through multiple "No's" to overall receive two donations. In actuality we went to around 20 establishments for three or four hours and received two donations. That is why it makes a world of difference.)

No comments:

Post a Comment