Saturday, January 28, 2012

Bring your wallets and an empty stomach!


I have a whole bunch of donations I have received and I will relate the experience in a few sentences for each one.


Firstly, Janelle had made contact with Crave Cookies and Cupcakes. The result of this connection was meeting a lovely enthusiastic owner who offered to us a couple dozen mini cupcakes. Although she said that, I heard a couple hundred mini cupcakes!

I waited until we got outside to say anything. I started to scream! Janelle and Stephanie were also excited but when I mentioned a couple hundred they stared at me blankly and then burst our laughing. That is what friends are for: giving you a reality check some times.

About a month later, on another trip, our friend was kind enough to drive us around the west Edmonton area in search of bakeries. When we entered one place called Cake Couture we literally stopped and gawked. Around us towered masterpieces of icing, flowers and cream. Their decorating was superb. We spoke to the manager, and without hesitation she wrote us a gift certificate for $45, which equals 12 decorated cupcakes!

Whoever buys those is going to be a happy camper!

Key to life: make friends.


Not only is it proven for emotional well being but it also provides lots of help for connections.


My mom has her own business. In doing so she has a business coach who befriended me, and who I believe is a superb person to know. I made a list of people in whom I was comfortable in calling for donations and desserts. In seeing her name I felt confident about the call. Being the owner of The Junction, she asked if she could provide two vegetable trays. Hearing her say that made my day blossom into light.

Another one of my mom's friends happens to be one of the most selfless people I know. In a conversation we had a few weeks ago, she offered to drop off a letter at a baker in her neighbourhood.

Not thinking very much of it I agreed and handed her a letter. A few days later I opened my e-mail and stopped in my tracks. There was an e-mail that confused me. It was from a location I had never been to: Dutch Delicious Bakery. Opening the e-mail I realized one more time that my mom's friend is the most amazing person in the world because it read, "We would love to support your event by donating two boxes of desserts."

So as a sum of these marvelous explorations, I would just like to say thank you to all of you out there reading this and to those who have helped to change my life to make a better world.

Bring your wallets and an empty stomach!

No comments:

Post a Comment